Sous Vide Egg Jars with Breakfast/Andouille Sausage
Looking for more healthy meal options for your family?
This adaptable recipe is a crowd-pleaser as it’s easy to adjust to individual tastes.
Lactose intolerant? Skip the cheese.
Keto? Skip the toast and tater tots.
Don’t have a yellow pepper? Skip it!
The point is, you can have fun and make it your own!
What is Sous Vide?
Sous vide, also known as low-temperature long time cooking, is a method of cooking in which food is placed in a plastic pouch or a glass jar and cooked in a water bath for longer than usual cooking times at a precisely regulated temperature. Wikipedia
High Caliber carries the Sous-Vide Thermal Circulator, learn more.
Ingredients & Directions for Sous Vide Brunch by High Caliber
- 1 White onion. Diced and fried.
- 1 Red pepper. Diced and fried.
- 1 Yellow pepper. Diced and fried.
- 9 stalks of Green onion. Sliced.
- 2 Jalapenos. Sliced.
- 1 Avocado. Cubed.
- 2 Tomatoes. Sliced.
- Marble Cheese. Grated.
- 100g High Caliber Bacon. Crumbled. (Click here to read how easy it is to make your own bacon with our High Caliber Rub!)
- 400g ground pork, 29.2g Polish (Fresh) Sausage Spice Blend, 40g cold water. Mix and fried.
- 400g ground pork, 23.2g Andouille Sausage Spice Blend, 16g water. Mix and fried.
- Fill water to minimum fill line on sous vide device
- Turn on
- Set temperature at 170°F to pre-heat
- Assemble jars to taste (2eggs and any/all other toppings)
- Secure lids (should be on but not tight)
- Submerge jars in water
- Cook for 90 mins
- 880g ground pork, 44g Bavarian Meatloaf Spice Blend, 88g water. Mix, press into loaf pan. Cooked in a combi convection oven at 350°F for around 30 mins.
- Set aside to serve with sous vide egg jars.
Serving suggestion: Egg jars served with Bavarian meatloaf, toast and tater tots.