Q. What’s the easiest way to use my jerky nozzle attachment to form strips of ground jerky?
A. Summer is here and you need some handy, nutritious snacks to grab on your way out the door. What better than homemade beef jerky? Mild, hot and spicy, sweet or garlicky… the options are endless! That will be your hardest decision of the day.
Speed up the process by using a Jerky Gun or make the big move and use your 5 Lb Stuffer and this handy Jerky Nozzle by following these simple steps:
- Take your ground meat and mix the spices and cure thoroughly, until you’ve got a very sticky mixture which indicates you have the correct protein extraction. Some people may add about two tablespoons of liquid per lb of meat to this process if desired.
- Refrigerate your seasoned meat mixture from 4 – 24 hours. Grinding and seasoning the night before helps break up the job and allows the spice blends to really marry with the meat. Try any of our High Caliber Jerky Spice Blends for trusted results.
- With your stuffer polished up and ready to go, place that spiced meat mixture into your stuffer cylinder, pushing down to eliminate any air pockets.
- Secure the handy Jerky Nozzle on the end of your stuffer. Have your racks ready to put in your oven or smoker and you are ready to extrude.
- Crank out the strips! This may be a two person operation, so have a buddy on hand to help. One of you cranks the handle, one will guide the strips onto your jerky racks. Leave enough space between strips for smoke and heat to penetrate for consistent results. Get adventurous and sprinkle the meat strips with extra cracked pepper or crushed chilies for a dash of flavor and color.
- Finish in your smoker according to manufacturer instructions and allow to cool before packaging and storing in the fridge.
The texture and flavour of ground beef jerky is wonderfully chewy and zesty. It won’t take long to make… and will be even quicker to enjoy!